Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumper View Post
    VA was 1995.
    I'm guessing this is when the state took complete control. Prior to that, the state had exams that must be recognized across the state but each locality had their own regulations. Prior to this, it was either the state license or a local license, unless you were in an area that did not require a license. Most locations required a license, some out in the country locations there were not requirements for license.

Comment

Originally posted by brantmacga View Post
      Hey I’d be interested in reading the article when it’s completed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2nd that....~RJ~

Comment

Thank you for your replies. Washington required electrical licensing in March, 1919, and electrical worker certification in 1974. It appears Washington was one of the early adopters of Licensing.
        What is interesting is this is right after the end of the World War, where the concern was with reconstruction, and the middle of a world wide flu panedemic. The Olympia (State Capital) City Council closed all theaters and dance halls...I will post a link to the state electrical newsletter when its available (probably next week).
        Moderator-Washington State
        Ancora Imparo

Comment

I attended the January Washington Electrical Board meeting, as I have retired my training business, I thanked them for their service. And I gently reminded them of the pending 100th anniversary of Washington Electrical Licensing, seems few if any were aware of it.
          I researched and submitted information for our monthly state electrical newsletter. I was very interesing researching the history...the big takeaway is the licensing law was passed during the world wire spanish flu pandemic. My article is attached.
          I had the lead article in the March Currents, find it here; https://www.lni.wa.gov/TradesLicensi...ts/Elc1903.pdf

Later I would like to research electrial licensing and when it started in each state.
          Attached Files
          Moderator-Washington State
          Ancora Imparo

Comment

Great read; thanks for sharing that.

It’s interesting that the fees and bond requirements from that time are pretty close to what I see today. In my hometown, the bond requirement is $5k, and we pay $200 every two years for licensing in Georgia.

So the inspectors added in that later revision of the bill, were those state-employed? I want to think $1/hr was a decent wage for that time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            [COLOR="Blue"]Brought to you by Carl's Jr.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X