Panel used for storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Most of us have done this. Code violation? The sticker may be flammable?
Thoughts?
51c5b050fc54436e7dd1164e2b466d9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
Dear Mr. TKOhomeinspections,

Removing the cover of the panelboard is a hazard in itself, had you not put yourself in such danger you wouldn't have seen what other dangers exist behind the cover.

:lol:

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
I leave leftover spare breakers in panels fairly regularly, usually when I'm moving or changing circuits around.

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I leave leftover spare breakers in panels fairly regularly, usually when I'm moving or changing circuits around.

So do I. If I have to downsize one or put a tandem in place of one, I leave the original (if it's still good) inside the panel where the next sparky will find it (subject to spare space being available). I don't own it, the HO does. If I take it or toss it that's theft.

Tony S

We had an alcoholic electrician, he was dismissed. I enjoyed opening up panels, a bottle of whisky, vodka or rum was the mystery prize in the box. All I had to do was look for screws that had been disturbed, I didn’t tell the other electricians.

cpickett

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
In the industrial world every cabinet is used for storage of prints and spare parts. Problem is, after a while you don't know if the parts floating in the bottom of the cabinet are good spares or parts that were swapped out but kept because 'they might be good'.

One argument I heard against the practice was that in a destructive fault or arc flash event, now your prints and spares are damaged with the rest of the cabinet.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
In the industrial world every cabinet is used for storage of prints and spare parts. Problem is, after a while you don't know if the parts floating in the bottom of the cabinet are good spares or parts that were swapped out but kept because 'they might be good'.

One argument I heard against the practice was that in a destructive fault or arc flash event, now your prints and spares are damaged with the rest of the cabinet.
Not just damaged, they add fuel to the fire.

rt66electric

Hidee hole...

Hidee hole...

We had an alcoholic electrician, he was dismissed. I enjoyed opening up panels, a bottle of whisky, vodka or rum was the mystery prize in the box. All I had to do was look for screws that had been disturbed, I didn’t tell the other electricians.

I had a buddy that had two electric panel in his garage... one of the worked... the other, he hid his money in>>>

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Punchline contest, here's my entry

Punchline contest, here's my entry

I had a buddy that had two electric panel in his garage... one of the worked... the other, he hid his money in>>>

A string of receptacles stopped working and he called an electrician. The electrician opened the non-working panel, looked inside, and said "Sir I see the problem, but I don't accept direct deposit."

Status
Not open for further replies.