220V on 14-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfcomm2k

Why this had to be closed is beyond my understanding. Yes it is a DIY question. Does this forum restrict questions from DIYers?

In response to a couple valid questions, the cable is stamped 600V. And I am using 14-3 because I have it.

If I were a registered electrician I am sure I would not have had to ask this question. But I do not think it is so unreasonable that it had to be closed. And why is it such a scary question?

To the moderator who closed it, if I cannot post questions like this, delete my membership and I will not darken your website with my presence again. Otherwise, let people answer my question.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Why this had to be closed is beyond my understanding. Yes it is a DIY question. Does this forum restrict questions from DIYers?

In response to a couple valid questions, the cable is stamped 600V. And I am using 14-3 because I have it.

If I were a registered electrician I am sure I would not have had to ask this question. But I do not think it is so unreasonable that it had to be closed. And why is it such a scary question?

To the moderator who closed it, if I cannot post questions like this, delete my membership and I will not darken your website with my presence again. Otherwise, let people answer my question.

Yes, the forum does restrict DIYers and it is in the rules you saw (or should have seen) when you registered.

[h=2]Read Before Posting: Forum Rules / Treatment of New Members[/h]
This site is designed for:

• Electrical Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC� Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.​

Roger​

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am opening this thread just long enough to give you an explanation of the reason DIY questions are not allowed. It is simply this: The owner of this forum does not wish us to give you answers to the one or two questions you ask, and not also give you answers to the dozens of other questions you needed to ask, but were unaware that you needed to ask. We don't wish to allow you to use "too little information" to perform a potentially inadequate installation, thereby putting you or your family or your guests at risk. Given that we cannot judge how much a DIY installer already knows, the forum owner has decided that they will have to get their answers elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.