instrumentation wiring method

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wiring a tank farm that will be used to store corn oil. This is in a non-classified area. My question is in reference to the wiring method for the tank high level instrumentation. These circuits are 24 vac. My thoughts are to use shielded CVTC 16 AWG cable rated at 600 volts for this circuit. Does this sound acceptable?

In addition there are numerous 120 volt electric valves in the piping system for receiving and load out of the corn oil. Is it acceptable to use CVTC 14 AWG 600 volt cable for these as well?

Thank You

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I am wiring a tank farm that will be used to store corn oil. This is in a non-classified area. My question is in reference to the wiring method for the tank high level instrumentation. These circuits are 24 vac. My thoughts are to use shielded CVTC 16 AWG cable rated at 600 volts for this circuit. Does this sound acceptable?

In addition there are numerous 120 volt electric valves in the piping system for receiving and load out of the corn oil. Is it acceptable to use CVTC 14 AWG 600 volt cable for these as well?

Thank You
I don't see why not. Might be kind of overkill for the 24V signals, but if you have it available, there would be no reason you can't use it for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.