Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Tub equipotential exception...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    It is bad wording. All they needed to say is it is listed for outdoor use.

    The spa or hot tub shall [COLOR=#ff0000]NOT[/COLOR] be identified as suitable only for indoor use.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
      It is bad wording. All they needed to say is it is listed for outdoor use.

      The spa or hot tub shall [COLOR=#ff0000]NOT[/COLOR] be identified as suitable only for indoor use.
      Ok, but then why even include that line/verbiage in the OUTDOOR install exception section?

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by FionaZuppa View Post
        Ok, but then why even include that line/verbiage in the OUTDOOR install exception section?
        Probably doesn't need to be there but you can write a proposal and see if they see merit in the change
        They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
        She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
        I can't help it if I'm lucky

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
          Probably doesn't need to be there but you can write a proposal and see if they see merit in the change
          Is this how NEC does things now? Rhetorical Q btw, but if they cant see what they are writing then there's bigger issue going on. If they are reading what they write before it goes to print, they why don't they catch the blunder and fix it, then print it? The NFPA 70 cant be a collection of "well, we all know what they meant", because when you get to that stage then the text basically becomes junk. If i recall correctly, people need to buy the NEC print, and it's not a $5 cost either.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by FionaZuppa View Post
            Is this how NEC does things now? Rhetorical Q btw, but if they cant see what they are writing then there's bigger issue going on. If they are reading what they write before it goes to print, they why don't they catch the blunder and fix it, then print it? The NFPA 70 cant be a collection of "well, we all know what they meant", because when you get to that stage then the text basically becomes junk. If i recall correctly, people need to buy the NEC print, and it's not a $5 cost either.
            There is free access to it on NFPA website.
            I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

            Comment


              #21
              One thing I did learn about writing code sections or trying to send them is that it is much harder than you think. Every comma, and but etc can change the meaning if you don't have the punctuation where you want them or mean to have them.
              They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
              She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
              I can't help it if I'm lucky

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by kwired View Post
                There is free access to it on NFPA website.
                That's not print,

                Originally posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
                One thing I did learn about writing code sections or trying to send them is that it is much harder than you think. Every comma, and but etc can change the meaning if you don't have the punctuation where you want them or mean to have them.
                And considering the importance of the words and grammar in NFPA 70, you are suggesting an excuse?

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by FionaZuppa View Post
                  That's not print,
                  No, but is same words. Free online access doesn't let you copy, paste, print... and has very limited navigation tools compared to other electronic options, but there is always the print/save screen options - many times to get the whole document
                  I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by kwired View Post
                    but there is always the print/save screen options - many times to get the whole document

                    Yeah by the time you finish you can start on the next cycle...
                    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
                    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
                    I can't help it if I'm lucky

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X