Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bullheimer
    replied
    i have my framers/siders put blocks for the lights to go, big enough for a 3 5/8s box. no block, no light. esp on clapboard siding like that. the siders are 'tarded imo. and i agree with the post about the trash all around. how are you expected to work. i would kick that general in the butt as in me no workie till you clean this mess up.
    Last edited by Little Bill; 05-20-19, 01:38 AM. Reason: Inappropiate

Leave a comment:

• Knuckle Dragger
    replied
    I would place the light to the left of the window at the same height you would if you placed it at the door.
    You should still have plenty of light on the steps and less bugs in the house when you open the door.

Leave a comment:

• growler
    replied
    Originally posted by nickelec View Post
    Does anyone think it would be ridiculous to put a light on both sides of that back door with that one side being so narrow. Would one light look weird need some opinions.
    Originally posted by LarryFine View Post
    In that case, a white coach lantern style.
    Well folks I'm not seeing enough room to put a carriage light on either side of those doors.

There must have been a single door there and when they installed a double door that brought it right up to the window ( they seem to share trim). I really think that double door was a mistake if they couldn't move that little window over to balance things out.

Now that it done it's done. I would probably put a roof of some sort over the back porch to kind of hide the fact that everything is so crowded. then put a ceiling light.

Leave a comment:

• nickelec
    replied
    Yes soffit lights

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Cow
    replied
    How is anyone, including you, supposed to get any work done with all the construction debris laying around?

Leave a comment:

• hbiss
    replied
    What's that all the way up under the eves in the soffit? Looks like two recessed lights??

-Hal

Leave a comment:

• romex jockey
    replied
    so, a door light, a yard light, and two soffit lights? ~S~

Leave a comment:

• LarryFine
    replied
    In that case, a white coach lantern style.

Leave a comment:

• nickelec
    replied
    I was planning on putting a nice led flood for when iwant to light up the yard, the sconces or sconce ,I was thinking more for everyday

Leave a comment:

• LarryFine
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Bill View Post
    What is that siding block for between the top windows and the doors below?
    Looks like for a light to me.
    You're right; the center one even has a hole.

Leave a comment:

• Little Bill
    replied
    All I have is "light opinions" I'm all out of "heavy ones"!

What is that siding block for between the top windows and the doors below?
    Looks like for a light to me.
    Anyway, I was thinking the same as Larry, one, centered above the door.

Leave a comment:

• LarryFine
    replied
    One light, perhaps with multiple sockets/globes, centered above the door.

Or, if there will be a deck as wide as the house, a flood, higher and centered on the house.

Leave a comment:

• nickelec
    started a topic Light opinion

Light opinion

Does anyone think it would be ridiculous to put a light on both sides of that back door with that one side being so narrow. Would one light look weird need some opinions

Working...
X