Light opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelec

Does anyone think it would be ridiculous to put a light on both sides of that back door with that one side being so narrow. Would one light look weird need some opinions
16e8567bfdf16f6a3d7757d401a15c90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
One light, perhaps with multiple sockets/globes, centered above the door.

Or, if there will be a deck as wide as the house, a flood, higher and centered on the house.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
All I have is "light opinions" I'm all out of "heavy ones"!:)

What is that siding block for between the top windows and the doors below?
Looks like for a light to me.
Anyway, I was thinking the same as Larry, one, centered above the door.

nickelec

I was planning on putting a nice led flood for when iwant to light up the yard, the sconces or sconce ,I was thinking more for everyday

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
How is anyone, including you, supposed to get any work done with all the construction debris laying around?

growler

Does anyone think it would be ridiculous to put a light on both sides of that back door with that one side being so narrow. Would one light look weird need some opinions.

In that case, a white coach lantern style.

Well folks I'm not seeing enough room to put a carriage light on either side of those doors.

There must have been a single door there and when they installed a double door that brought it right up to the window ( they seem to share trim). I really think that double door was a mistake if they couldn't move that little window over to balance things out.

Now that it done it's done. I would probably put a roof of some sort over the back porch to kind of hide the fact that everything is so crowded. then put a ceiling light.

Knuckle Dragger

Master Electrician Electrical Contractor 01752
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I would place the light to the left of the window at the same height you would if you placed it at the door.
You should still have plenty of light on the steps and less bugs in the house when you open the door.

bullheimer

i have my framers/siders put blocks for the lights to go, big enough for a 3 5/8s box. no block, no light. esp on clapboard siding like that. the siders are 'tarded imo. and i agree with the post about the trash all around. how are you expected to work. i would kick that general in the butt as in me no workie till you clean this mess up.

Last edited by a moderator:

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
so 4 or 5 lights....seems to be everywhere we go.

kitchens that used to have one light, maybe a second sink light, are now designed with UC, in Cab, .....Bathrooms have vanity, shower, toliet, OH, F/L/NL.....i'm doing a bar w/led rope's (light up the top shelf), razors, minitracks....

b-b-but...they're efficient!:cool:

~RJ~

nickelec

The siding guy is going to put a peice of azak in that's pace between the window and door I'm thinking just put one light there

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
I'm curious about the house itself-- it appears that the right side was shaved off, but they kept the original roof line!

I agree that there should be 1 light centered above the door(s).

Or, possibly, 3 lights using those blocks half-way up the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.