Dental Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dental Office

Im thinking, would it be possible to run a homerun cable 12/3, 12/3, 12/3, 12/2 to a general location with regular MC and from there branch off with my hospital grade mc?

a reel of the home run runs me about $1200 plus tax
    and a reel of the hospital grade runs me about $627 plus tax.
    Any ideas?

Also any idea on which type of floor box would be best to install under a dental chair.
    Not familiar with any brands

517.13(A) says "All branch circuits serving" not "Part of all branch circuits serving". The branch circuit originates at a panelboard so that is where requirements of the section start. as far as the floor box, look into Steel City, Hubbell, or Walker.

Roger

Comment

Not unless the home run MC cable sheath complies with 250.118

See 517.13(A) also Article 100 definition of branch circuit.

Also of note do forget 210.4(B) in regards to your multi wire branch circuits. (Disconnecting means)

Would have to see the chair specs

As for floor boxes i'm partial to Hubbell S1PFB as the low voltage and line voltage conduits are parallel in the box, so piping and trenching is easier, plus the low voltage entry is large.

As for a poke thru take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Villani View Post
        Not unless the home run MC cable sheath complies with 250.118

See 517.13(A) also Article 100 definition of branch circuit.

Also of note do forget 210.4(B) in regards to your multi wire branch circuits. (Disconnecting means)

Would have to see the chair specs

As for floor boxes i'm partial to Hubbell S1PFB as the low voltage and line voltage conduits are parallel in the box, so piping and trenching is easier, plus the low voltage entry is large.

As for a poke thru take your pick.
        My mistake, the box I quoted won't work in a dental. Chair application.

Sorry

Comment

All the chairs I have done the box was supplied by the equipment manufacturer.

Comment

Most of the chairs just plug in now days.
            I can build anything you want if you draw a picture of it on the back of a big enough check.

[COLOR=red]There's no substitute for hard work....but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up trying to find one.[/COLOR]

John Childress
            Electrical Inspector
            IAEI / CEI / C10
            Certified Electrical Inspector

Comment

Working...
            X