disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
We have a few FCU part of AC units that have a on and off switch. Could the on and off switch be used as disconnecting means instead of a regular disconnect? Its a regular abb 3 phase switch. These will be in the ceiling and trying not to put disconnect if not needed.

MAC702

Questions like this are always better if we can see the actual machine. Is the model number available?

If not, where in the machine is the switch? Is it immediately where the power enters the machine, and look as if it is intended to be used as a disconnect?

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
Questions like this are always better if we can see the actual machine. Is the model number available?

If not, where in the machine is the switch? Is it immediately where the power enters the machine, and look as if it is intended to be used as a disconnect?

yes I know but I can never download pic to site. basically its the part of ac unit duct that controls air flow or VAV. It has a door that is locked when on and open when unit is off. similar to on/off on a motor starter cabinet.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
I just did a quick Google. All I could see on any manufacturer cut-sheets were "sized to MCA" for toggle switches.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
I just did a quick Google. All I could see on any manufacturer cut-sheets were "sized to MCA" for toggle switches.

The FCU s call for fused disconnects on drawings. I guess we a stuck running fused disconnects. Thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.