480 delta to 208y/120 transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldmanwinter

I posted this once and I cant find it

I acquired a work shop that has 3 phase and sold all the machines out. Going to convert it to a garage to work on my classic cars and have a lift.

Long story short my sons an master electrician and when he gets some time off this summer he will work on this project. Basically he will run some pipe make the connections and do all the work. I purchased a transformer and a panel from a company that went out of business, cause I need 208v and for my new car lift, as well as 120 for some plugs and lights.

What I'm looking at is trying to impress my son the old man has it still. I used to do some electrical work back in the day in the Navy. This is different stuff, but as you know the old man still needs to prove stuff once in a while to the young bucks. I wanted to color code and wire cap the used wires and thats it the thing weighs too much for me to even look at. The wife would find me laying on the floor with a blown out disk if I tried to hook it up.

I just cant make sense of the wiring diagram on the transformer.

20190521_054606.jpg

if I'm reading this H1, h2, AND h3 are my incoming 3 phase 480v. All the other H's are not used and are capped off.

x1 and x3 are my 208v hot legs

x0 is ground and x2 is neutral

I was going to wire nut the unused H's off and tape h1, h2 and H3 wires brown orange yellow. Then tape the x1 and x2 red and blue

thanks Dan

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.