Pipe bending question

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this job we are doing theres a lot of structural steel posts on the inside corners of walls. They are just getting drywall glued to them ive been underbending 90s and then bending it to a true 90 from the front so like two 30 degree bends with a kick my problem is is i dont know how to calculate that for shrinkage or even know how far to make my next bend. Is there a name for this bend and a calculation?if its a 45 bend i put in it could i just measure it like an offset and do 1.5x the distance i need but how would i calculate what i gain.

480sparky

I call it a 90° bend with an obstruction. There's different formulas to use if the obstruction is round, square or rectangular. I cheat and us an app called Conduit Bender Elite. IIRC, it's a paid app, but it's worth the money in that you have a visual graphic to go by on the screen, and just have to tap to enter the variables. It won't return any gain, however.

ritelec

Don't have your answer, I would make some marks on trial piece or pieces... when I find what works (and see what the shrinkage was.... Isn't that a Seinfeild episode?....) I would duplicate those measurements and bends..Sorry, know it's not what you were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.