American FPE Breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Can anyone tell me where I can find spec sheets/U.L. listing or approvals for American FPE style breakers? I have an inspector asking for them for a small job I'm looking to install.
Thank you,
Joe

I think you are asking for documentation on "American Electric" breakers that are replacements for the FPE "Stab-loc" series, but some are not understanding that is what you are asking about.

zog

I think you are asking for documentation on "American Electric" breakers that are replacements for the FPE "Stab-loc" series, but some are not understanding that is what you are asking about.

Well they never co-existed. FPE sold the whole (USA) stab lok product line to ACBC in 1988

kwired

Electron manager
Well they never co-existed. FPE sold the whole (USA) stab lok product line to ACBC in 1988
I think OP's inspector wants verification that the "American Electric" breakers are listed to be installed in the "FPE" loadcenter. Since they took over the line the chance is pretty good, kind of no different than a Siemens breaker in an old ITE panel.

I think OP's inspector wants verification that the "American Electric" breakers are listed to be installed in the "FPE" loadcenter. Since they took over the line the chance is pretty good, kind of no different than a Siemens breaker in an old ITE panel.

I sent the paperwork to the inspector and he told me "[FONT=&quot]There is no mention that these are replacement breakers for Fed Pacific."

[/FONT]
I responded "[FONT=&quot]Paul they are Stab Lok UL listed breakers. They can’t use the Federal Pacific name as they were bought out in 1988 by American Breaker Corp [/FONT][FONT=&quot]This is the only paperwork available and obviously they are FP replacement as there is no other breaker of that construction and style

[/FONT]

His response today "it's your license[FONT=&quot], a permit is not required for replacement of breakers"

What does that mean?? He doesn't trust the documentation I sent to him??[/FONT]

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I sent the paperwork to the inspector and he told me "There is no mention that these are replacement breakers for Fed Pacific."

I responded "Paul they are Stab Lok UL listed breakers. They can’t use the Federal Pacific name as they were bought out in 1988 by American Breaker Corp This is the only paperwork available and obviously they are FP replacement as there is no other breaker of that construction and style

His response today "it's your license, a permit is not required for replacement of breakers"

What does that mean?? He doesn't trust the documentation I sent to him??

He may not, but he doesn’t need to say yay or nay, you do. Are you comfortable with them?

kwired

Electron manager
I sent the paperwork to the inspector and he told me "There is no mention that these are replacement breakers for Fed Pacific."

I responded "Paul they are Stab Lok UL listed breakers. They can’t use the Federal Pacific name as they were bought out in 1988 by American Breaker Corp This is the only paperwork available and obviously they are FP replacement as there is no other breaker of that construction and style

His response today "it's your license, a permit is not required for replacement of breakers"

What does that mean??
He doesn't trust the documentation I sent to him??
It means he refuses to admit he may have been wrong about something, so finds a way to twist things back to it is your fault if something bad happens, which is kind of true whether he was involved or not, you do have liability insurance for a reason, though if something bad happens you still have headaches involved before everything is finally settled.

It means he refuses to admit he may have been wrong about something, so finds a way to twist things back to it is your fault if something bad happens, which is kind of true whether he was involved or not, you do have liability insurance for a reason, though if something bad happens you still have headaches involved before everything is finally settled.

Funny, but very true!

Status
Not open for further replies.