Sub panels in commercial restrooms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub panels in commercial restrooms?

Is a sub panel allowed in a commercial bathroom. I know the service disconnect cannot be, but what about an MLO sub panel?

As long as it isn't in a shower (if there is one) why do you see a problem?

-Hal

Comment

I personally don't see a problem other than it is an odd place to put a sub panel in a commercial building. But since space is a premium.......

I just wanted to be sure since the service disconnecting means is not allowed, I wasn't sure if it stated elsewhere in the code that sub panels, load centers etc shall not be installed in public restrooms.

Thank you for your response.

Comment

240.24 is the section you need

(E) Not Located in Bathrooms. In dwelling units, dormitories,
        and guest rooms or guest suites, overcurrent devices, other
        than supplementary overcurrent protection, shall not be located
        in bathrooms.
        They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
        She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
        I can't help it if I'm lucky

Comment

240.24 would not apply to a restaurant or commercial kitchen, correct. Only dwellings, dorm.'s, guest rooms or guest suites.

I am bidding a kitchen addition to a restaurant that is showing a sub-panel in the employee restroom in the kitchen. I wouldn't put it there personally, but if that is where it is shown and as long as it does not contradict the code, then it should be ok.

I just wanted opinions from people smarter than me and know the code better than I do.

Comment

well the accessibility issues w/commercial kitchens are compounded by what is often larger motorized equipment that does not accept loto....~RJ~

Comment

Working...
            X