Best way to run lighting on a wooden deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Would mounting the UF on a running board satisfy The Inspector?

I doubt it because the "inspector" doesn't know what he's talking about.

If I were the seller I would just state that the house is for sale at this price AS IS. If you want a perfect house go buy a new one at twice the price!! So don't bother me with your piddling inspections! :rant:

-Hal

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

If I were the seller I would just state that the house is for sale at this price AS IS. If you want a perfect house go buy a new one at twice the price!! So don't bother me with your piddling inspections! :rant:

-Hal

If it were only that easy. :)

growler

-Hal

How do you know the inspector doesn't know what he is talking about ? There are no pictures of the actual lighting install.

The idea of the home inspection is to make the buyer comfortable with paying your asking price. The asking price is often determined by the price of similar home in the same neighborhood.

The seller may be getting a great price for his house and the only requirement is to solve a few minor problems listed on the home inspection report.

For all you know the buyer may be satisfied with a letter from a licensed electrician stating that the lighting installation is code compliant and safe (if it is ).

Eddy Current

I was able to find a UF connector to make my transition, never heard of that type of connector before, I haven't done much residential

Status
Not open for further replies.