Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Sounds like these:

Electrical-Spring-Connectors-R-20058-3M-Scotchlok.jpg

sw_ross

Sounds like these:

Electrical-Spring-Connectors-R-20058-3M-Scotchlok.jpg

I typically find those wirenuts in j-boxes where I'm at, from previous installations. I hate trying to remove those wirenuts! They don't seem to "unscrew" off the conductors the way ideal twister-nuts do! Sometimes I just clip the wire just below the wirenut rather than fight with those wirenuts!

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I typically find those wirenuts in j-boxes where I'm at, from previous installations. I hate trying to remove those wirenuts! They don't seem to "unscrew" off the conductors the way ideal twister-nuts do! Sometimes I just clip the wire just below the wirenut rather than fight with those wirenuts!
Squeeze them with your linemans first and they will twist off.

Roger

kwired

Electron manager
Squeeze them with your linemans first and they will twist off.

Roger
Might even need to squeeze with a pliers while twisting off at times. When you try to remove it the outer plastic is just spinning but inner connecting component is not moving.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
As implied by their name they lock onto the splice, more so when using solid over stranded conductors. We used them exclusively for decades until 3M phased them out about 10 years ago.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
For solid conductors there was nothing better. They locked onto the splice and took up less room in the box/fixture, etc. because of their narrow design.

Status
Not open for further replies.