CT can

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
We want to install 6-4'' conduits into a 30'' x 90'' long 2500a Bussed CT 10'' deep. I am worried about the penetrations into and out of CT can. I will have 6 going in and 6 coming out. Is that 30'' wide enclosure to small? I will feed CT from bottom then send out thru left side at top of CT. Does the angle pull calcs apply to the CT can? If so the CT can is to small correct?Or They dont apply at all and I can install the 6-4'' conduits?

Last edited:
We want to install 6-4'' conduits into a 30'' x 90'' long 2500a Bussed CT 10'' deep. I am worried about the penetrations into and out of CT can. I will have 6 going in and 6 coming out. Is that 30'' wide enclosure to small? I will feed CT from bottom then send out thru left side at top of CT. Does the angle pull calcs apply to the CT can? If so the CT can is to small correct?Or They dont apply at all and I can install the 6-4'' conduits?

I think you can do it, although it doesnt sound like super happy fun time. You will have to double stack and stagger the bottom 6, 2 rows of 3, and get creative with strapping the outer row.

Article 312 cabinets dont have as strict sizing requirements. See 312.7 and 312.6 (and good luck making sense of those two).

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
I think you can do it, although it doesnt sound like super happy fun time. You will have to double stack and stagger the bottom 6, 2 rows of 3, and get creative with strapping the outer row.

Article 312 cabinets dont have as strict sizing requirements. See 312.7 and 312.6 (and good luck making sense of those two).

The CT can does say 5-500mcm per phase. I am not sure why if its a 2500a CT but maxs out at 5-500mcm

......Unless its like an LB's where (according to one manufacturer) you can calculate and use sizes and combinations other than the max as long as the overall KCMIL is the same or less. For example, 10 sets of 250 gets you to 2500.

Status
Not open for further replies.