Another bonding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

I just looked at a pool that HO said was passed by inspector, for the bonding. It's a aluminum frame with vinyl liner pool. The #8 was sitting on edge of the framing and sured with copper connectors , it was around the contour of the pool. But isn't suppose to be 18" to 24" from pool edge. Also there no #8 going to inside of wet-niche. No junction box with threaded conduit entries , no nothing . All other equipment wasn't even there. Home owner think he has met all bonding conditions because inspector so. What am I missing here??

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Sounds like the inspector and electrician both dropped the ball.

Mystic Pools

Occupation
Swimming Pool Contractor
So is this a new pool? What is HO asking you to do?

I would put it writing about the items you mentioned so all parties are aware and not do a lick of work.

I'm guessing it's an inground pool. If it's new, the panels are galvanized not aluminum. There are some aluminum inground pools out there(old ones-40 years plus) and I have worked on them, but not that many. They generally rot a lot quicker than galvanized anyway.

Could not possibly have passed ALL the bonding requirements if the equipment is not in place as those components must be bonded as well.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
So is this a new pool? What is HO asking you to do?

I would put it writing about the items you mentioned so all parties are aware and not do a lick of work.

I'm guessing it's an inground pool. If it's new, the panels are galvanized not aluminum. There are some aluminum inground pools out there(old ones-40 years plus) and I have worked on them, but not that many. They generally rot a lot quicker than galvanized anyway.

Could not possibly have passed ALL the bonding requirements if the equipment is not in place as those components must be bonded as well.

There is a rough in bonding for the pool itself then at the end they can inspect the bonding for the pump etc.

FionaZuppa

Occupation
Part Time Electrician (semi retired, old) - EE retired.
OP should read all of section 680 in detail. There are some this-and-thats around bonding for various pool construction types.

Status
Not open for further replies.