X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

190718-1224 EDT

Besoeker3:

I mentioned that in post #2.

With small surplus components it should not cost a lot to make a good experimental setup.

Comment

Would anyone be willing to draw up a sketch for me?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

190719-1624 EDT

nickelec:

A motor/generator like the following is quite inexpensive, and might be good for experiments. It is a permanent magnet field type. Might require external blower for cooling, especially for low RPM, as do all motors.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Electr...04-10-3039.axd

Comment

19071-1943 EDT

When I made the last post there were 12 motors, now none.

If you search for treadmill DC motors you will find many. Look for low cost, you don't really need quality. Your experimental service will be very limited. Use one as the motor and a second as a brake load (generator to a resistance, light bulbs).

Comment

There are 4 different treadmills on my local Craiglist today, all in working condition, totally free to whomever comes to haul them away.

I wonder just how many of those things are bought, used for a week, turned into a clothes rack for a few years, then junked. I'd bet it's 90% or more...
            __________________________________________________ ____________________________
            Many people are shocked when they discover I am not a good electrician...

I'm in California, ergo I am still stuck on the 2014 NEC... We'll get around to the 2017 code in around 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Jraef View Post
              There are 4 different treadmills on my local Craiglist today, all in working condition, totally free to whomever comes to haul them away.

I wonder just how many of those things are bought, used for a week, turned into a clothes rack for a few years, then junked. I'd bet it's 90% or more...
              I bet they'd see much more use if they had to be run to power the television.
              Master Electrician
              Electrical Contractor
              Richmond, VA

Comment

Working...
              X