strange electrical problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rforrest

New User
[FONT=&quot]i’ve built an out door kitchen all metal framing, metal outlet boxes, connected with metal cover 12-2 wire. I’m getting shocked if my knee or body is contact with the concrete and I touch the metal framing. As long as I’m standing with shoes on no shock. I have the kitchen fed from the house main box via a 60 amp 220 breaker with neutral and ground. The box in the house is bonded and the one at the kitchen is unbounded. All the outlets test fine. Hot to Ground 120v, hot to neutral 120v, neutral to ground 0v. I’ve tested allbwith an outlet tester and no reversed wiring. The shock happens with and with out the kitchen main breaker turned off so I’m thinking the problem is inside the house and is feeding down the neutral or ground wire to the outdoor kitchen. I’m at a loss with this one so any help is greatly appreciated.[/FONT]

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
There is very little that help that can be offered using only typed messages on the internet to solve a problem of this nature. You need to hire a licensed electrician and have him on site to sort this out.

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the
Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.