No announcement yet.

Fire caused by "bug collector" detected by smart smoke detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And by the time you go through all that your house burns down.

Nothing like trying to save money by DIYing your emergency.

-Hal

Comment

Originally posted by Jon456 View Post
      Only in rare cases where you are incapacitated or otherwise unable to speak will they send police and possibly EMT to your location *if* they can determine your location which is not always possible from a cell phone call.
      In a related story...

A woman living in a rural area near here who had an illegal cash crop growing in her back yard accidentally called 911 when she meant to call 411. When the 911 operator answered she hung up immediately. The operator tried a couple of times to call the woman, but both times the woman hung up when the operator identified herself. Police and EMS were dispatched.

Busted.

Comment

Originally posted by ggunn View Post
        In a related story...

A woman living in a rural area near here who had an illegal cash crop growing in her back yard accidentally called 911 when she meant to call 411. When the 911 operator answered she hung up immediately. The operator tried a couple of times to call the woman, but both times the woman hung up when the operator identified herself. Police and EMS were dispatched.

Busted.
        Hahaha. Criminals are not the brightest bunch.

I recently read a news story where a man was physically beating/abusing his girlfriend. At one point, he demanded to know if she had called 911. The Amazon Alexa in the room heard him and thought he had asked it to call 911, so that's what it did. Police arrived and arrested the man.

Damn those "techi toys."

Comment

Originally posted by Jon456 View Post
          Hahaha. Criminals are not the brightest bunch.

I recently read a news story where a man was physically beating/abusing his girlfriend. At one point, he demanded to know if she had called 911. The Amazon Alexa in the room heard him and thought he had asked it to call 911, so that's what it did. Police arrived and arrested the man.

Damn those "techi toys."
          Would have been worse for him if Alexa had texted the girl's husband.

-Hal

Comment

The 1st time I called 911 from my cell, the operator wanted to know my home address. I said I'm not at home. She said "We know where you are, I need your home address." ok.
            Tom
            TBLO

Comment

Working...
            X