Pool Perimeter Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

eds

Pool coping or bond beam extends 20'' out from fiberglass pool edge. I'am going to also install a #8 in the dirt 6 to 8'' down around the coping since it does not extend 3' out. Just mulling it over in my mind if is really required with the coping extending out 20'' or so. Any thoughts?

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Pool coping or bond beam extends 20'' out from fiberglass pool edge. I'am going to also install a #8 in the dirt 6 to 8'' down around the coping since it does not extend 3' out. Just mulling it over in my mind if is really required with the coping extending out 20'' or so. Any thoughts?

it's a wire around the pool. put it in.

trimming to code minimums on pool bonding is a poor life choice.
there isn't that much money to put it in, even if it's not required.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
If the coping went out 4' you still need the equipotential bonding 18 to 24 inches from the inside edge of the pool. That means it needs to be under the coping.

The equipotential bonding is there to make sure there is no potential difference from one spot to the other. If there were some voltage leaking in the earth from power company or elsewhere then the bond would keep that voltage consistent throughout the area around the pool and all metal parts associated with the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.