Cabinet Heaters(Marley 900 series cabinet unit heater model c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever installed these type units, the old units we took down were 277/480 3 phase. My drawing tells me to unhook the old units and reconnect the new units when they arrive. It also says to utilize everything existing, flex, breaker, everything. The new units got here today and they say single phase 208 volts. I am pretty sure that I can tap these units for 277/480 volts. I have been trying to find some paperwork on how to change the voltage on them but have not had any luck. Can anyone tell me where to look or how to change the voltage please.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Here are a few pictures of the manual, tomorrow I will take some pics of the units. This pic may refresh your memory.
3d22d9e2e9ae3dc1c5f07c600757dbd2.jpg
b50883c36eaef80dd0f00fead0eac196.jpg

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
According to the instructions you can change from 3 phase to single phase but you can't change the voltage class. Sounds like someone ordered the wrong model number replacement.

Martin B

My experience with the heaters is similar. You can change from 3phase to single phase and also change the KW but if the heater is only rated for 250 volt you may be outa luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
According to the instructions you can change from 3 phase to single phase but you can't change the voltage class. Sounds like someone ordered the wrong model number replacement.
I agree, not familiar with this unit but Marley does that with other unit heaters I am more familiar with.

Yeah I agree with you guys, there going to order the correct heaters. Its going to push this job back .I am working on a school and the kids come back Tuesday. The correct voltage was on my electrical drawings but 208volt was ordered. Thanks guys

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Yeah I agree with you guys, there going to order the correct heaters. Its going to push this job back .I am working on a school and the kids come back Tuesday. The correct voltage was on my electrical drawings but 208volt was ordered. Thanks guys

I would hope the kids could manage without any heat for a few school days till the new heaters get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.