Teck Cable in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

etienne

Hello, i'm a electrical contractor from Canada, and i have a doubt about the type of cable i can use in the state of Michigan (Devereaux), specifically for an industrial domain.Well my questions is if i can use Csa Teck cabe (metal clad with pvc jacket)?.Or if i can't use Teck cable wich type of cable do you recommend to me to remplace Teck.

Thanks I hope an answer
see you.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Re: Teck Cable in Michigan

No, you cannot use a Canadian listed cable in the US unless it is listed for use here also. I'm sure our MC with PVC jacket is pretty much the same. Supply houses in Michigan should be able to get it for you, I assume you will have to buy it anyway.

-Hal

bphgravity

I don't see how Candian listed cable is prohibited to be used in the US? If approved by the AHJ why does it matter where that its listed? :confused:

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member

I use a lot of PVC jacketed MC cable, but UL listed. Call Houston wire and cable find out where stock is, then order from your wholesale house.

charlie

Don, you are permitted to use CSA material if it has the correct mark, the CSA mark with US under it. If it doesn't have the US under the mark, it has not been listed for use in the US. :D
csa_us.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.