Evap/swamp coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.

norcal

Does the factory installed receptacles inside cabinet for the motor, & water pump, count as a disconnect, or is one mounted to the outside of the cabinet required? I have been mounting a disconnect switch & a GFCI receptacle for servicing it on the outside. Any and all opinions welcomed.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
There are typically active controls (even if just relays) inside the housing feeding the motor and pump receptacles. Those need to be disconnected too, IMHO, so I would mount an external disconnect. (Or rely on a lockable breaker?)

norcal

There are typically active controls (even if just relays) inside the housing feeding the motor and pump receptacles. Those need to be disconnected too, IMHO, so I would mount an external disconnect. (Or rely on a lockable breaker?)

Just a 120V,1/2 HP, 2-speed motor & the water pump, no relays, the only other controls is the selector switch for high/low cool, high/low vent, & pump, used a 3-pole toggle switch to disconnect the high/low motor leads & the pump, so no matter what setting the switch in the house is set at everything is off when needed. Just a simple rent house cooler in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.