Instructions for new forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instructions for new forum?

Is there someplace where I can get a better understanding of how to use the new forum?

more specifically I want to better understand how to post stuff.
    When you're posting stuff what are all the buttons and how do you use them? Most of them are obvious (typical of Word or Excel), but some of them aren't clear to me as what they are.
    Can you tag a specific member in your post?

Also what's the little "bar" thingy under the members name?

Thanks!

Directly above the Original poster is a post Reply. The reply button at the bottom of the post is incorrectly linked to the quote symbol. That needs fixing as it just quotes the post
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Comment

When are we going to have a separate forum for these board related questions? Here's another question that got put just anywhere. I reply to some of these and I never can find them again!

-Hal

Comment

I'm not sure what the bar is, but I have four segments now. It seems they appear in pairs. According to the page source, it's called a "b-meter". I have no idea what makes it register.

Originally posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
        Directly above the Original poster is a post Reply. The reply button at the bottom of the post is incorrectly linked to the quote symbol. That needs fixing as it just quotes the post
        The reply button wit\in each post should be labeled "quote". In fact, the "reply" turns red while you're doing so.

You can simply reply in a thread by scrolling to the bottom of the page without any buttons.
        Master Electrician
        Electrical Contractor
        Richmond, VA

Comment

Originally posted by LarryFine View Post
          I'm not sure what the bar is, but I have four segments now. It seems they appear in pairs. According to the page source, it's called a "b-meter". I have no idea what makes it register.

The reply button wit\in each post should be labeled "quote". In fact, the "reply" turns red while you're doing so.

You can simply reply in a thread by scrolling to the bottom of the page without any buttons.
          Yes that is correct. Reply should say Quote and should be separated by the quote symbol which is used to make multiple quotes

We try and report the issue in the mod area for the webmaster. He goes to a particular thread and sees what is needed.

Comment

I just used the reply button at the bottom of your post and it qouted you and I was able to write this reply and post it
            If Billy Idol is on your playlist go reevaluate your life.

Comment

Originally posted by ActionDave View Post

I just used the reply button at the bottom of your post and it qouted you and I was able to write this reply and post it
              That's correct. But the multi quote is tied to it. Reply should say Quote, IMO, not Reply and it needs to be separated from the multiquote icon. That was how it used to be

Comment

I see SIX segments now colored bright red. . . I dunno, maybe it is a fuse, or a pressure indicator, . . . I half expect to log in at some time in the near future to learn of the explosion of your profile !

Another Al in Minnesota

Comment

“B-meter” just means bar meter. But that bar meter in vbulletin is a “reputation” meter. I don’t know what that is tied to however. In some forums it is tied to”Likes” received but also triggered to the number of posts in that if you have under xxxx number of posts (typically 1,000) then your meter is inactive. Given that there are lots of members with well over 1,000 posts, but we did not have a “Like” button before now, it’s hard to say what the segments might mean though. Total Likes? Likes this week, month, year? No idea.

but one way or the other, people apparently like LarryFine a lot...
                  __________________________________________________ ____________________________
                  Many people are shocked when they discover I am not a good electrician...

I'm in California, ergo I am still stuck on the 2014 NEC... We'll get around to the 2017 code in around 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by al hildenbrand View Post
                    I see SIX segments now colored bright red. . . I dunno, maybe it is a fuse, or a pressure indicator, . . . I half expect to log in at some time in the near future to learn of the explosion of your profile !
                    Or maybe "Go to jail. Go straight to jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200."
                    Master Electrician
                    Electrical Contractor
                    Richmond, VA

Comment

Originally posted by Jraef View Post
                      Aweww..

I wonder if Mr. Holt is ever going to want to meet me.
                      Master Electrician
                      Electrical Contractor
                      Richmond, VA

Comment

That's correct. But the multi quote is tied to it. Reply should say Quote, IMO, not Reply and it needs to be separated from the multiquote icon. That was how it used to be
                        I understand what you are saying now and I agree.
                        If Billy Idol is on your playlist go reevaluate your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jraef View Post
                          “B-meter” just means bar meter. But that bar meter in vbulletin is a “reputation” meter. I don’t know what that is tied to however. In some forums it is tied to”Likes” received but also triggered to the number of posts in that if you have under xxxx number of posts (typically 1,000) then your meter is inactive. Given that there are lots of members with well over 1,000 posts, but we did not have a “Like” button before now, it’s hard to say what the segments might mean though. Total Likes? Likes this week, month, year? No idea.

Larry is THE man!!

Comment

Originally posted by DBoone View Post

Larry is THE man!!
                            What did I do???
                            Master Electrician
                            Electrical Contractor
                            Richmond, VA

Comment

What did I do???
                              😂