storable pool definition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.electric

I'm a little confused about water depth in storable pools. My interpriutation is"if constructed of nonmetallic molded polymeric or inflatable walls" it can be over 42" and still be considered storable. Does this basically mean anything above ground and nonmetallic is storable?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I'm a little confused about water depth in storable pools. My interpriutation is"if constructed of nonmetallic molded polymeric or inflatable walls" it can be over 42" and still be considered storable. Does this basically mean anything above ground and nonmetallic is storable?

That is the way I see it.

Storable Swimming, Wading, or Immersion Pools; or Storable/
Portable Spas and Hot Tubs. Swimming, wading, or immersion
pools that are intended to be stored when not in use,
constructed on or above the ground and are capable of holding
water to a maximum depth of 1.0 m (42 in.), or a pool, spa,
or hot tub constructed on or above the ground, with nonmetallic,
molded polymeric walls or inflatable fabric walls regardless
of dimension.

Mr.electric

Off the topic here. Im watching mikes 2017 understanding the nec dvd and they are discussing semens gfi breakers. Apparently semens breaker have a frequency filter that's less tempermental than others. just wondering if theres any word on a classified gfi breaker from seimens, they would make a killing on them. maybe mike and the team could pull some strings to get production going on that.:D

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~

i don't see how you can keep that much water in a stored pool. where do it go?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Off the topic here. Im watching mikes 2017 understanding the nec dvd and they are discussing semens gfi breakers. Apparently semens breaker have a frequency filter that's less tempermental than others. just wondering if theres any word on a classified gfi breaker from seimens, they would make a killing on them. maybe mike and the team could pull some strings to get production going on that.:D

Pool guys around here insist we install Siemens Gfci on their pool pumps as the other breakers won't hold. That's garbage, IMO, I have worked on many pools where we installed GE Gfci breakers and never had an issue....The pool motor companies must say this because of what you posted

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Pool guys around here insist we install Siemens Gfci on their pool pumps as the other breakers won't hold. That's garbage, IMO, I have worked on many pools where we installed GE Gfci breakers and never had an issue....The pool motor companies must say this because of what you posted

It's the 2-speed pumps that are causing issues. Pentair and Hayward are the (main) two that have the issues. There is a pool panel (Pentair I think) where the GFCI has been holding. Turns out the breakers are made by Siemens, nothing different from their regular branded GFCI breaker. That's why everyone says to use Siemens breakers. I use Cutler/Eaton breakers and haven't had any problems but it might have not been the particular motors that were causing the trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.