Conduit fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldsparky52 View Post

Do they still make that stuff? Anyone still use it?
    Yes, they still make it and some guys still use it.

I just talked with the boss about 77 the other day. He still loves it, says it's the best for a long hard pull. I've had better luck with Aqua Gel and it is much easier to clean up. 77 looks like puke & is hard to clean up. It gunks pipe up too & makes future removal of wire much harder.
    Yes, I'll be happy to do a first class job for less than anyone else and take a dollar a week for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by hbiss View Post
      Actually wouldn't you be using the #12 and the conduit as the EGC for both circuits? I'm sure you have the #12 bonded to the boxes at both ends which puts the #12 and the conduit in parallel.

Like was said, you really don't need to use an separate EGC here at all, but many of us do because you don't want to rely just on the conduit. Though there is no reason not to, it's a matter of choice. So you are going to have to make up your mind. If you want a separate EGC I would remove the #12 and replace it with a #10 because a separate EGC says you aren't relying on the conduit. But if doing so exceeds the allowable fill then just remove the #12. Will make pulling easier anyway.

-Hal
      I would use the green as a pull wire for my new conductors.
      If Billy Idol is on your playlist go reevaluate your life.

Comment

Originally posted by jmellc View Post

77 looks like puke & is hard to clean up. It gunks pipe up too & makes future removal of wire much harder.
        Our guys used to call 77 “baby s**t”.

Comment

Just add water to get dried lube going again.

Comment

Originally posted by sameguy View Post
            Just add water to get dried lube going again.
            works with underground runs, not so well with a run that runs up, horizontal, then down again.
            I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

The OP asked about fill calculation. The fact that he indicates he is a master electrician and does not know how to do this is concerning.
              As far as determining any derating, I don't see how any comments can be made with out knowing the facts about the type and size of the loads connected.

Comment

Working...
              X