Unique Receptacles and Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
White Noise may be to help mask sounds that may irritate your sleep. Offices may have a 'PA' system that also issues a quiet white noise. This helps raise your ears' threshold for sounds, and helps keep voices from the next cubicle from disturbing you. People have walked into an office on a weekend, when the system is off, and noticed how much 'noisier' it seems!

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
The first pic is Legrand adorne; they are expensive compared to a standard device, but very nice. Here’s a GFCI I put in a week or so ago....

a3c2d85a40bbdaef66d9590499294423.jpg

They do have a hospitality line of preconfigured modular systems. If you have a large enough project you can get the devices laser etched with what it controls.

A basic receptacle and wallplate is about $5-$6. That wallplate in my pic above is about $20. They have some 1gg plates that are over $100/ea in high end finishes.

The way the wallplate system is designed, they snap into a steel frame, and you don’t have the issue of devices “twisting” like you see in some decora style installs. I’ve resorted to using all stranded wire leads on decora switches and receptacles to keep them perfectly straight in the box.

I happen to really like them. It’s basically the same as some of the Arteor and Bticino line in Europe & Australia (45mm x 45mm) but the wallplates have been adapted to American sized boxes.

You can now get Nuvo audio and QMotion shade controls in 45mm X 45mm to fit in adorne wallplates. Also they have a Vantage Controls capacitive touch scene controller in the same size. Legrand also has RF controls in the Adorne line that integrate with 3rd party home systems.

They have a plus-size wallplate that allows for different combinations of devices in a single gang configuration.

Link to products —-> https://www.legrand.us/adorne.aspx?...erm=legrand adorne&utm_content=Legrand Adorne

I use the under-cabinet system in every custom house .... I haven’t sold too many of the Adorne devices as most of my clients seem to prefer the Radiant (decora) style controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I’m working on the design phase of another project right now using these with Vantage touch keypads but also an Adorne half-size paddle; there has to be a physical toggle switch for turning lights off/on, and then the keypad for dimming & scene controls.

The switches will go to dry contacts to trigger the lighting control system.

Here’s a CAD mockup of what the wall station will look like.

d6cf00cc7d070d99e5b13abd35169a91.jpg

Here’s a random internet photo of the Vantage keypads

8db71c33e09c3f8dd4bedfe8fbf8c3a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpickett

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thanks for the info everyone! It's amazing how much variety there is out there, and you're not limited to just switches and receptacles in white or ivory. I had to resist the urge to try and snap that outlet off the baseplate and see what was behind, it seemed somewhat loose on the base anyways so I left it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.