General Care Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Care Area

I currently have an existing commercial office space that's being turned into a small health care facility. The sub panel in that suite is fed by 4/3 NM cable, Can that existing panel supply receptacles in examination rooms? I know the branch circuit wiring methods are different but wasn't sure if the feeder equipment
    ground could be bare.

Thanks

Originally posted by nizak View Post

I currently have an existing commercial office space that's being turned into a small health care facility. The sub panel in that suite is fed by 4/3 NM cable, Can that existing panel supply receptacles in examination rooms? I know the branch circuit wiring methods are different but wasn't sure if the feeder equipment
    ground could be bare.

Thanks
    Branch circuits have to comply with 517.13, it doesn’t apply to feeders.
    I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.......

Comment

Originally posted by Awg-Dawg View Post

Branch circuits have to comply with 517.13, it doesn’t apply to feeders.
      Also. Can the existing receptacles located in the exam rooms that are wired with NM cable just be removed and the openings blanked?

Or does the wiring need to be physically removed from the wall box?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nizak View Post

Also. Can the existing receptacles located in the exam rooms that are wired with NM cable just be removed and the openings blanked?

Or does the wiring need to be physically removed from the wall box?

Thanks
        I believe you can do as you’re saying.

Cutting the cables as they enter the box help ensure they aren’t going to be used again.

I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.......

Comment

Working...
        X