Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Care Area

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    General Care Area



    I currently have an existing commercial office space that's being turned into a small health care facility. The sub panel in that suite is fed by 4/3 NM cable, Can that existing panel supply receptacles in examination rooms? I know the branch circuit wiring methods are different but wasn't sure if the feeder equipment
    ground could be bare.

    Thanks

    #2
    Originally posted by nizak View Post

    I currently have an existing commercial office space that's being turned into a small health care facility. The sub panel in that suite is fed by 4/3 NM cable, Can that existing panel supply receptacles in examination rooms? I know the branch circuit wiring methods are different but wasn't sure if the feeder equipment
    ground could be bare.

    Thanks
    Branch circuits have to comply with 517.13, it doesn’t apply to feeders.
    I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.......

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Awg-Dawg View Post

      Branch circuits have to comply with 517.13, it doesn’t apply to feeders.
      Also. Can the existing receptacles located in the exam rooms that are wired with NM cable just be removed and the openings blanked?

      Or does the wiring need to be physically removed from the wall box?

      Thanks

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by nizak View Post

        Also. Can the existing receptacles located in the exam rooms that are wired with NM cable just be removed and the openings blanked?

        Or does the wiring need to be physically removed from the wall box?

        Thanks
        I believe you can do as you’re saying.

        Cutting the cables as they enter the box help ensure they aren’t going to be used again.


        I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.......

        Comment

        Working...
        X