X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drcampbell View Post
    "bridal": of a bride; or used at a wedding
    "bridle": for steering a horse
    So which one to use for a loop used to support and pull wires or cables through
    Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Comment

Originally posted by electrofelon View Post
      I'd go with bridle rings. Bridal rings are only big enough for one piece of NM, don't have any convenient way of attaching them, and are much more expensive.

Comment

"bridal": of a bride; or used at a wedding
        "bridle": for steering a horse

Click image for larger version

Name:	250px-Hunt_bridle_head.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	2540648
        Kinda the same thing.

first it’s bridal,

then after a few weeks it’s bridle...

Comment

Also the latter.
          Master Electrician
          Electrical Contractor
          Richmond, VA

Comment

stupid heterographs

"You can't generalize"

Comment

stupid heterographs
              Are you using a beach wreck ignition device?

Comment

Heterographs are the other way of looking at the pairs more commonly known as homonyms or homophones.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

It is much more likely to be the result of ought-to-correct than beach wreck ignition.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Little Bill View Post

You go under even on inside walls?
                    When I was young I did. Definitely did when I had a helper. I went under because I was much faster than any helper I had.
                    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
                    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
                    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Alwon View Post

When I was young I did. Definitely did when I had a helper. I went under because I was much faster than any helper I had.
                      I fail to see how going under is faster than standing on the floor and running the NM through the studs. Sure, you have to drill the studs, but you also have to walk out, crawl under, search for the holes, etc.
                      [COLOR=navy]If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time![/COLOR]

Comment

Heterographs are words that sound the same as other words, but they have different spellings and different meanings. For the English language learner or for young students, these words can be very confusing.

"You can't generalize"

Comment

I fail to see how going under is faster than standing on the floor and running the NM through the studs. Sure, you have to drill the studs, but you also have to walk out, crawl under, search for the holes, etc.
                          Wanna race? The drilling of the holes and the insulation interference is why I would go under. It also looks real clean when done. I square everything in the crawl space also... NC does not have to use running boards if you prefer not to square it up.

Some houses have so much wood in it that you are changing bits or have a second drill ready with the longer bits just to get thru the studs and corners. Then you have to nail plate. Gebnerally I would not have to use nail plates.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Alwon View Post

Wanna race? The drilling of the holes and the insulation interference is why I would go under. It also looks real clean when done. I square everything in the crawl space also... NC does not have to use running boards if you prefer not to square it up.

Some houses have so much wood in it that you are changing bits or have a second drill ready with the longer bits just to get thru the studs and corners. Then you have to nail plate. Gebnerally I would not have to use nail plates.
                            I was mainly talking about inside walls where there isn't (usually) any insulation.
                            [COLOR=navy]If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time![/COLOR]

Comment

I was mainly talking about inside walls where there isn't (usually) any insulation.
                              Yes but once I am under I stay there....

Comment

Working...
                              X