Best method for wire runs in new custom home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
When I was young I did. Definitely did when I had a helper. I went under because I was much faster than any helper I had.

I fail to see how going under is faster than standing on the floor and running the NM through the studs. Sure, you have to drill the studs, but you also have to walk out, crawl under, search for the holes, etc.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I fail to see how going under is faster than standing on the floor and running the NM through the studs. Sure, you have to drill the studs, but you also have to walk out, crawl under, search for the holes, etc.

Wanna race? The drilling of the holes and the insulation interference is why I would go under. It also looks real clean when done. I square everything in the crawl space also... NC does not have to use running boards if you prefer not to square it up.

Some houses have so much wood in it that you are changing bits or have a second drill ready with the longer bits just to get thru the studs and corners. Then you have to nail plate. Gebnerally I would not have to use nail plates.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Wanna race? The drilling of the holes and the insulation interference is why I would go under. It also looks real clean when done. I square everything in the crawl space also... NC does not have to use running boards if you prefer not to square it up.

Some houses have so much wood in it that you are changing bits or have a second drill ready with the longer bits just to get thru the studs and corners. Then you have to nail plate. Gebnerally I would not have to use nail plates.

I was mainly talking about inside walls where there isn't (usually) any insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.