Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

Is some kind of formula for lighting in a storage area. I doing a 60 x 90 cold storage barn and its just a couple of circuits for receptacles and circuit for the lights. Not sure how I should light this. Not even sure what will be in it. I do know their trucks will be in there and they will probably do maintenance on them. I can't get a straight answer when I ask them how much light they need. Their old place was dungeon.

Awg-Dawg

Some lighting suppliers have calculators on their website.

I think Econolight is one.

You could chose a couple different options and submit it to them.

WA_Sparky

Electrical Engineer
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
A good place to start...Look up typical Foot Candles (FC) per space type. If i remember correctly IES recommendations for storage area is around 20FC. There is a calculation for Lumen per square foot for general numbers. You might also see some formulas with "LUX" in it.

Depending on ceiling height is less than 14', i would start with suspended/surface mounted linear fixtures, 2500-3000LM, 8' spacing in all directions. Contractor select fixtures if you want to be kind to contractor. Usually giving 4'-6' from each wall.

If ceiling height is 15'-30' you may want to look into low bay or high bay fixtures. 3000-4000LM with slightly wider spacing. I believe the last project i did with 22' Ceilings worked well with 11' spacing per fixture. Closer to 8' from each wall.

Hope it helps

guschash

A good place to start...Look up typical Foot Candles (FC) per space type. If i remember correctly IES recommendations for storage area is around 20FC. There is a calculation for Lumen per square foot for general numbers. You might also see some formulas with "LUX" in it.

Depending on ceiling height is less than 14', i would start with suspended/surface mounted linear fixtures, 2500-3000LM, 8' spacing in all directions. Contractor select fixtures if you want to be kind to contractor. Usually giving 4'-6' from each wall.

If ceiling height is 15'-30' you may want to look into low bay or high bay fixtures. 3000-4000LM with slightly wider spacing. I believe the last project i did with 22' Ceilings worked well with 11' spacing per fixture. Closer to 8' from each wall.

Hope it helps

Just what I was looking for . Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.