UL Listed Tie Wraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfont1120

Occupation
Electrical Project Manager/Journeyman Electrician
2017 NEC 330.30(A) Says "MC cable shall be supported and secured by staples; cable ties listed and identified for securement and support..." Does anyone know what UL listing would be acceptable? Does UL 62275 cover it?

Thank you

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I haven't looked at the bags of ty-raps I have, but I'll bet any from reputable manufacturers like T&B are so listed.

I would stay away from no-name Chinese ties that are only listed for closing bags of bread. :eek:hmy:

-Hal

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
The listing and acceptability of the cable ties will be shown on the bag. If the mfgs have gone to the trouble to get the listing they want to advertise that.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yes, UL62275 is the appropriate standard. Within that, for MC cable you must use the sub-class "S" listed straps, the S is for Structural. So for example they must be type 2S or 21S (2 or 21 has to do with the environment).

Alfont1120

Occupation
Electrical Project Manager/Journeyman Electrician
Yes, UL62275 is the appropriate standard. Within that, for MC cable you must use the sub-class "S" listed straps, the S is for Structural. So for example they must be type 2S or 21S (2 or 21 has to do with the environment).

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.