1500VDC Circuit Breakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1500VDC Circuit Breakers

Does anyone know of a product for up to 1500VDC circuit breakers? Does anyone know of sections within the C37 AC standards that would allow a de-rate and still use AC circuit breakers?

I think there are some DC rated breakers made for the electric railway industry that are in that voltage range. ABB or Siemens maybe.
    Bob

Comment

1500v pv systems are common now, but I don't know if anyone is making circuit breakers for them
      Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Comment

Many AC breakers can be rated for DC by using contacts in series. The solar industry uses 1500VDC now, which has driven mfrs to respond with products rated for that. ABB and Eaton both have products for sure, probably Schneider too; you just have to specifically look for Solar PV related products.
        __________________________________________________ ____________________________
        Many people are shocked when they discover I am not a good electrician...

I'm in California, ergo I am still stuck on the 2014 NEC... We'll get around to the 2017 code in around 2021.

Comment

I received an email about ABB's new 1500VDC breakers from one of my relay vendors just last week:

https://www.relayspec.com/suppliers/...campaign=ABB19

SceneryDriver
          Last edited by SceneryDriver; 11-11-19, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneryDriver View Post
            I received an email about ABB's new 1500VDC breakers from one of my relay vendors just last week:

https://www.relayspec.com/suppliers/...campaign=ABB19

SceneryDriver
            Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jraef View Post
              Many AC breakers can be rated for DC by using contacts in series. The solar industry uses 1500VDC now, which has driven mfrs to respond with products rated for that. ABB and Eaton both have products for sure, probably Schneider too; you just have to specifically look for Solar PV related products.
              They’ve come down in size from the ones I was used to, you needed muscles like HeMan to switch them.
              [COLOR=#000000]The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
              X