Heat Trace troubleshooting/ led bulb not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny89

Heat Trace and led is not working...any ideas?

Heat Trace has 2 wires a hot and neutral feeding it at one end. At the other end of the heat Trace the wires from the heat Trace feed a red led bulb.

When circuit is on...the led bulb doesn't come on like it's supposed to...

When putting my meter to the bulb I get 30 vac.
When I put my meter to one terminal on led and other lead to shielded jacket on The heat Trace I get 120v...

Got any ideas?
1629a8b369e05a78df60370eabbab116.jpg
8428e65981afece3312943ac28bc4585.jpg
f16b37c3cbcd4475db42e1a7cf94b79d.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

synchro

Occupation
EE
In the figure titled "Detail 10." on pg. 2 at the link below, they mention that to brighten the LED light for 120V applications you should cut out the black heat shrink area from the end of the white wire and then reattach the wire to the light. I suspect that there's a series resistor under the heat shrink and that this procedure would eliminate it. Perhaps the light isn't getting enough current with the resistor in place, and maybe the resistor could even be defective. I suggest removing the resistor as stated in the procedure and see if this helps. I'm assuming that you have a 120V supply based on your measurements.

http://www.delta-therm.com/assets/ol-pc-monitor-light.pdf

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
In the figure titled "Detail 10." on pg. 2 at the link below, they mention that to brighten the LED light for 120V applications you should cut out the black heat shrink area from the end of the white wire and then reattach the wire to the light. I suspect that there's a series resistor under the heat shrink and that this procedure would eliminate it. Perhaps the light isn't getting enough current with the resistor in place, and maybe the resistor could even be defective. I suggest removing the resistor as stated in the procedure and see if this helps. I'm assuming that you have a 120V supply based on your measurements.

http://www.delta-therm.com/assets/ol-pc-monitor-light.pdf

Danged instructions get in the way to often...

Danny89

Well by golly you were correct sir. Shines like the sun on a hot summer day now. Good job. Thanks a lot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.