SERVICE EQUIPMENT / PANELS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a mc / pipe job, I am debating on whether or not to put my gutter box above my two 200 amp panels all the way across both of the panels and bring my pipes into the gutter box along with the mc cable, or leave a section open above each PANEL to bring my pipes into the top of the PANEL, I know it comes down to pretty much preference, what do some of you guys prefer. Or maybe I could do both.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
Concealed or surface mounted?

Surface mounted I prefer to put the gutter/box close to the ceiling and enter cables from the top where they aren't seen after everything is finished - just a cleaner looking install. Of course if ceiling is high enough that you need more than a 2 foot nipple to the panel then you can't take advantage of the 2 foot nipple rule for conductor ampacity.

Surface Mount, I am putting a gutter box in, I just Cant decide on putting one the whole width of the two panels and turning my conduits in it or putting say a 12 inch box and turning my conduits into the panels.
0bfde67dc6e554128c59747147832bb9.jpg
4705cecc970d1f03e37cb76220592ba6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
If you use a wireway keep in mind that the more than 30 CCC's at any cross section rule will require derating.

Status
Not open for further replies.