Inspections on Classified Equipmemt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shells

The vast majority of the site I am at is designated Class 1 , Division 2 with a few Class 1, Div 1 locations. I am just curious as to how other sites do maintenance on classified equipment - are there separate PMs or are they incorporated into other maintenance interventions? For me every single transmitter would be classified. So for example, I would say when doing calibration on transmitters you verify HAC integrity, PMs on packaged eqt would be the same etc.

Also, do you keep a register of classified eqt? I know in the IEC world that is a requirement.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
generally, you would have to get a "hot work" permit to do any work on such a device. it is both a set of instructions on what is required to safely do the work and a record of the work.

it effectively serves as a way of temporarily declassifying the area/equipment being worked on under the terms of the permit.

presumably your employer has such a program in place.

Shells

generally, you would have to get a "hot work" permit to do any work on such a device. it is both a set of instructions on what is required to safely do the work and a record of the work.

it effectively serves as a way of temporarily declassifying the area/equipment being worked on under the terms of the permit.

presumably your employer has such a program in place.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes a Hot Work is used and there is a checklist which needs to be filled out and stored in the CMMS. What I was curious about was whether people do periodic inspections on HAC equipment specifically or incorporate into other maintenance interventions?

Status
Not open for further replies.