Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class I Div I wireless mouse.

Hi all,
    Can you have a HMI (AB) in a sealed XP enclosure, with a wireless USB connected, for using a mouse externally?
    Or is there an industrial Class 1 Div 1 mouse available, all I have been able to find is keyboard/mouse combo.

Originally posted by Forqnc View Post
    Hi all,
    Can you have a HMI (AB) in a sealed XP enclosure, with a wireless USB connected, for using a mouse externally?
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Yes. Not sure how this will help you any though as the USB receiver and mouse would need to be in an unclassified area.[/COLOR]

Or is there an industrial Class 1 Div 1 mouse available, all I have been able to find is keyboard/mouse combo.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]I doubt you will find an XP mouse. I seem to recall seeing IS mice though. [/COLOR]
    A lot depends on just what it is you are trying to do. An external mouse w/o a keyboard is kind of an unusual thing.
    Bob

Comment

Thanks for the reply petersonra.
      The application doesn't necessarily need a keyboard, just a way for the operator to navigate the HMI.
      Our previous HMI was set up so the operator had an up/down selector switch to change values.
      This newer design doesn't allow such a simple set up.
      Hence the use of a mouse. On rethinking, because the mouse would have a battery, that would be a no no.

Comment

Working...
      X