Pin anchor removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffKiper

Electrical geek
Occupation
Controls guy
I need to move a conduit in a C1D1D area. They used drive in pin anchors to attache to the floor. I can't use a grinder even an air powered they wont let me.
Do you have any ideas how to remove the anchors so I can move the pipe?

drcampbell

Occupation
Registered Professional Engineer
If you're referring to powder-actuated fasteners, driven in by a blank rifle cartridge ... ?
Once driven, there's no way of removing them, short of an act of demolition. (such as an angle grinder, which will remove only the portion that's above the surface)

In a classified area where hot work is prohibited, the only option might be to dissolve them with a strong acid.
And when you do remove them, you'll have to figure out an acceptable method of re-attaching them. I doubt an electric hammer drill or a powder-actuated driver will allowed, either.

JeffKiper

Electrical geek
Occupation
Controls guy
Too many trees to see the forest.

Too many trees to see the forest.

A claw hammer and a brass hammer to drive the claws. Sometimes we overlook the simple options.

Thabk you gentelmen have a great day.

kwired

Electron manager
Can't drive the claws of a hammer under the head of the nail using a second hammer?
Need to be made of non sparking material or you have same problem as with the grinder in classified area, ferrous metals are out if striking them against one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.