Distillery classification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning gentlemen, I am bidding a whiskey distillery and have never wired one before. I have extensive experience in paper mills and breweries but not distillery’s. It is the investors first one so he is clueless in this area. The fire marshal told me it falls into an F1 occupancy category in NY. Does anyone know if this would fall into a class 1 div. 1 for bidding purposes? Ceiling heights are only 14ft. if that matters. Thank you all!

ron

I did a vodka distillery recently in NY and it was not that straight forward.

At the end of the day, only the areas with the ethanol tanks, which were very small rooms, were classified.

StarCat

Industrial Engineering Tech
Occupation
Imdustrial Engineering Technician - HVACR Electrical and Mechanical Systems
Good morning gentlemen, I am bidding a whiskey distillery and have never wired one before. I have extensive experience in paper mills and breweries but not distillery’s. It is the investors first one so he is clueless in this area. The fire marshal told me it falls into an F1 occupancy category in NY. Does anyone know if this would fall into a class 1 div. 1 for bidding purposes? Ceiling heights are only 14ft. if that matters. Thank you all!

Ours is Class 1, Div.2
It seems to depend on the design Architect and the Locality and it can get real stupid from that point onward. If you need any details on this build out I can give you what happened in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.