Class 1 Div 2 On/Off switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesignTech

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am looking for a power switch for use with a 24 Vdc controller in a class 1 Div 2 environment. I have a controller that needs to have a power switch on it but I am in a Class 1 Div 2 location; any suggestion on the best way to approach this problem? I have had minimal luck searching for power switchs rated for this type of application.

tkirk

Let me know if you find any good options. DC switches that are rated for more than a few milliamps for hazloc seem to be a very niche market. Hubbell Killark has one, Rockwell / Allen Bradley has their 800T series switch, and Honeywell has at least this option that could be adapted to a manually actuated switch and maybe others too:

http://www.relayspec.com/catalog/pindex/S/Switches/Explosion-Proof/1Page/0155.php

Generally, switches rated for hazardous locations will be listed as Hermetically Sealed, so that would be a good search term or starting point when talking to vendors (who may not even know the ratings on their product).

Please do let me know if you find other options, this is something I run into fairly often and would love to know what others are using.

Tim Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.