2 HPS Ignitors / One Lamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel ridiculous asking this ?, but I'm in a pinch & seeking temporary relief, so here goes.
Need a new ignitor for 1000W HPS. I have access to multiple ignitors via spare 400 & 600W assemblies, but no access to the *correct* part.
I clearly understand that this would not be a conventional solution. The plausibility & implications are where I'm ignorant, & ya don't find out if ya don't ask, yes?
Thanks in advance for any info or (possibly well deserved) scolding.

norcal

I do not think that using two igniters for one lamp will work, as the 1000 watt HPS lamps to the best of my knowledge require a higher pulse voltage then smaller lamps, plus the thought gives me a uneasy feeling because it's jury rigging a install.

kwired

Electron manager
I do not think that using two igniters for one lamp will work, as the 1000 watt HPS lamps to the best of my knowledge require a higher pulse voltage then smaller lamps, plus the thought gives me a uneasy feeling because it's jury rigging a install.
Jury rigging is not as much of a concern to me, especially if it is intended to be temporary, but I do agree that if you can not achieve the needed pulse voltage for starting the lamp it will not work. 1 plus 1 is not always 2:happyyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Since comments lack a surprising "easily done" or "that's actually common", going to avoid both rigging and insufficient pulse by waiting for the correct part.

Status
Not open for further replies.