remote control wall switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Does any one know of a two circuit remote control wall switch? I have two stacked single pole wall switches in a single gang box that I would like to replace with a remote control device. I need IR or RF remote and manual control at the wall switch location.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Does any one know of a two circuit remote control wall switch? I have two stacked single pole wall switches in a single gang box that I would like to replace with a remote control device. I need IR or RF remote and manual control at the wall switch location.

Well, if you want quality and reliability, I think Lutron PICO is the way to go. The stacking switch will be the issue though. If only one needs the remote, maybe you could change one to a triple stack and for a single PICO in the other side.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
This for my mom's house..she is 94 and can't get around very easy any more. She uses a wheel chair, but she cant get to these switches.

The switches are for the kitchen lighting that consists of two four lamp fixtures with each switch controlling two lamps in each fixture.

One other option I was thinking of is to install dimming ballasts and use a remote control dimmer.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
That is Zwave and will work with most any Zwave device on the market. You will need a Remote to program it. You can get a really reasonable one from GE Jasco can control lights, ,heating and other Zwave products.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
But now you will have to find an electrician to install them.:)

There is even a note in the instructions that says:

NOTE: If the wiring in your wall box does not resemble any of these configurations, consult a qualified electrician.:p

Also Don, hope you have a neutral in the box as these require one.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
But now you will have to find an electrician to install them.:)
Only if it was in NM...my dad did the electrical in that house and it is in rigid so I know how to work with it...and he wasn't even an electrician...he was a factory maintenance mechanic. I was about 5 when he built the house...helped him pull some of the wire...maybe that is why I ended up an electrician.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
There is even a note in the instructions that says:

NOTE: If the wiring in your wall box does not resemble any of these configurations, consult a qualified electrician.:p

Also Don, hope you have a neutral in the box as these require one.
Not an issue...wiring is in rigid conduit....

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
That is Zwave and will work with most any Zwave device on the market. You will need a Remote to program it. You can get a really reasonable one from GE Jasco can control lights, ,heating and other Zwave products.
Thanks...that is a lot cheaper than the remote I was looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.