shower sconce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
That's true but even within that section lights in tubs and showers have different requirements.
I don't see that. The last sentence in that section is what I referenced and it is for shower and tubs-- the difference is the "subject to spray" which one normally would not get in a tub but with hand held hoses it could be an issue

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
From the perspective of the NEC I don't see a tub, like the one in the photo, being a shower even if it had a hand held sprayer. That gives you two different code applications, one for showers with the potential for shower spray and one for tubs.

kwired

Electron manager
From the perspective of the NEC I don't see a tub, like the one in the photo, being a shower even if it had a hand held sprayer. That gives you two different code applications, one for showers with the potential for shower spray and one for tubs.

If anything the area that can potentially be subject to spray may not include the area where the luminaires are located in that photo.

Does a hand held sprayer at a kitchen sink make everything in the area a wet location??? No we only consider the sink itself the place we expect to be the wet location.

Have I ever sprayed my sister as a kid with the hand held kitchen spray hose, or has anyone else ever done the same?? Not what makes something a wet location according to NEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.