Modification of fixture to bypas ballast, labeling required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw_ross

This post goes along with another post of similar topic that I started recently, but I didn't get a response to this specific question in that thread - so I asked the question within its own post.

If I modify a fixture to bypass the ballast to run line voltage to the LED lamps, whether it's an HID wallpack, or a fluorescent fixture (non-shunted tombstone), am I required to add or modify the labeling in or on the fixture for any future service or maintenance work done by others in the future?

I think if I were on a service call to work on some fixtures at the very least it would be courteous to see some labeling of modifications, if not an issue of safety.

Thanks,
Sky

Smart $

Esteemed Member
410.6 Listing Required. All luminaires, lampholders, and
retrofit kits shall be listed.

With a listed retrofit kit I'd think any required labeling would be included with the kit.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
With a listed retrofit kit I'd think any required labeling would be included with the kit.

All the retro LED kits that I have used included a sticker that you put in/on the fixture.
Says something similar to: "this light has been modified to use LED lamps, do not use original lamps when re-lamping ......." Some may even give part number of replacement LED.

sw_ross

I ordered a couple of 4-lamp retrofit kits that should be here Monday. I'll be interested to see if they come with listing/labeling stickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.