LED Flashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occupation
Inspector
I have a customer who sent me a text today showing there Kitchen cabinet LED Puck lights ( 8 12vac 4.8W ) flashing. One driver 12Vac 60w If I remember when I replaced the original driver this is a dimmable driver.

Any ideas what is causing this?

I've not tried to upload to YouTube before so if there is a better way to post a video, I'm all ears.

Thanks

chris1971

I have a customer who sent me a text today showing there Kitchen cabinet LED Puck lights ( 8 12vac 4.8W ) flashing. One driver 12Vac 60w If I remember when I replaced the original driver this is a dimmable driver.

Any ideas what is causing this?

I've not tried to upload to YouTube before so if there is a better way to post a video, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Are they on a dimmer switch? If so, check that and check to see if the LED driver is rated to be dimmable.

chris1971

I'm heading there in the morning to check it out. Thanks

I had the exact same issue a year ago. We replaced the dimmer and that resolved the issue. I believe the wrong type of dimmer switch was installed during the initial installation. Good luck. Let us know what you find.

JFletcher

Did you do the original install? I'm pretty sure whoever did would have noticed the blinking immediately if it were a component mismatch issue. They are 12V AC?

Failing switch or driver would be my initial thought, bad connection my second.

Occupation
Inspector
I had the exact same issue a year ago. We replaced the dimmer and that resolved the issue. I believe the wrong type of dimmer switch was installed during the initial installation. Good luck. Let us know what you find.

I did not make to my customer today, they canceled early. I've left the reschedule to them and I WILL let you know what I find.

Occupation
Inspector
Did you do the original install? I'm pretty sure whoever did would have noticed the blinking immediately if it were a component mismatch issue. They are 12V AC?

Failing switch or driver would be my initial thought, bad connection my second.

Yes, it is AC. Yes, I did the initial install and this project was completed over a year ago. The reason I replaced the driver after only 1.5 years was due to possible Lightning strike about a month ago.

I was just notified of the blinking yesterday.

Occupation
Inspector
Update

Update

I finally made it back to this customer. I replaced the LED driver/transformer. The driver that was acting up was marked "for Halogen lights only". I used a generic replacement driver and the lights are working great and have been for about 1 month.

Thanks to all who helped me with this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.