Ceiling fan issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattS87

Lmao. The first day I was working in the attic I must of crawled in and out 10 times.

I always hate when I get up in the attic, make my way to the fixture, dig out the insulation around it, then realize I left something down below. I also tell myself i will never do anymore remodel stuff but then I hear "Babe can we put a new light here" :happysad:

jumper

I always hate when I get up in the attic, make my way to the fixture, dig out the insulation around it, then realize I left something down below. I also tell myself i will never do anymore remodel stuff but then I hear "Babe can we put a new light here" :happysad:

My favorite is that after crawling around, in and out, sweaty, mad, and finally fix problem-then clean up, seal, put everything away...realize that I left my damn meter up there and gotta go back.

MattS87

My favorite is that after crawling around, in and out, sweaty, mad, and finally fix problem-then clean up, seal, put everything away...realize that I left my damn meter up there and gotta go back.

I have only done something like that once so far. A nice made in USA kershaw pocket knife. Got down and realized it had fell out in the attic. 12" of fiberglass blown in and all i could say was "I'm gonna miss that knife" lol

Adamjamma

I have only done something like that once so far. A nice made in USA kershaw pocket knife. Got down and realized it had fell out in the attic. 12" of fiberglass blown in and all i could say was "I'm gonna miss that knife" lol
Small metal finder like I use for checking for nails in boards before running them through thicknesser works wonders... some of those cheap studfinders work well too... but, had a double magnet tied to a string that was on a pocket Renco fisherman’s setup from the eighties... my uncle gave me the pole when I said I never had time to fish...lol.. found it great to use in attics for finding my tools.. also picked up loose nails and screws...

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Back when I did the crawling I added $100 if I had to belly crawl in attic or dirt when giving estimates.

electricman2

Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Several years ago I had a week where almost every job was in an attic or above a suspended ceiling. The next week I needed my hacksaw and it wasn't in my toolbox. I had used it on one of the attic jobs but couldn't remember where so I just forgot about it as I had a couple more.
A few years later I had a call to one of the places I had been. Set up my ladder, lifted the ceiling tile and poked my head though. The first thing my light landed on was my hacksaw, still right where I left it. True story

jumper

Several years ago I had a week where almost every job was in an attic or above a suspended ceiling. The next week I needed my hacksaw and it wasn't in my toolbox. I had used it on one of the attic jobs but couldn't remember where so I just forgot about it as I had a couple more.
A few years later I had a call to one of the places I had been. Set up my ladder, lifted the ceiling tile and poked my head though. The first thing my light landed on was my hacksaw, still right where I left it. True story

Cool.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician

That's funny, I lost a "pigtail" tester a couple of years ago. I was pretty sure I left it in an attic where I was testing a vent fan. It was so hot and the testers so cheap I never went back to look. Jump ahead two years and I had to go back to the place where I lost the tester. I had to hang some lights in the open area outside the attic area. When I got up there I remembered the tester. I thought I would just peek in there to see. Before I even got the panel door opened that leads into the attic I saw my tester laying on the floor right where I either left it or it fell out of my tool bag.

jumper

That's funny, I lost a "pigtail" tester a couple of years ago. I was pretty sure I left it in an attic where I was testing a vent fan. It was so hot and the testers so cheap I never went back to look. Jump ahead two years and I had to go back to the place where I lost the tester. I had to hang some lights in the open area outside the attic area. When I got up there I remembered the tester. I thought I would just peek in there to see. Before I even got the panel door opened that leads into the attic I saw my tester laying on the floor right where I either left it or it fell out of my tool bag.

Well, it had to there or inside those PVC boxes you buried with GFCIs in them....:

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Haha, doing trenches and the boss calls, "why isn't Ed answering his co. phone?". I yell at Ed, call the shop. Ed walks over have you seen my phone? We start laughing and looking I'm calling his phone and about 16" down, compacted by a jumping jack was his phone just ringing away!

Status
Not open for further replies.