Swimming Pool Lighting Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electriman

Greetings,

I have been involved to search on lighting design of commercial indoor pools. The requirement for pool lighting is that to try to keep 30 fc at the surface and also avoid glare. The other factor in lighting design is servicing the lighting fixtures if one goes out. Due to the serviceability, putting the lights above the water is rejected unless I find an easy way to service the light.

I was wondering if you have suggestion for lighting.

Electriman

Greetings,

I have been involved to search on lighting design of commercial indoor pools. The requirement for pool lighting is that to try to keep 30 fc at the surface and also avoid glare. The other factor in lighting design is servicing the lighting fixtures if one goes out. Due to the serviceability, putting the lights above the water is rejected unless I find an easy way to service the light.

Any comment on this?

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Greetings,

Do you have any contact, through your supply house to the next level of lighting distributors? Acuity Brands, Philips, and Hubbell all have sports lighting divisions with people who are qualified to answer your questions. Barring that you can also reach out to Musco lighting. Any one of them can offer you design services that utilize their lights and your parameters. That is what they do. I did a pool that had the lights mounted about 50 feet above and to one side only. Each light was pointed to an approximate spot by us and then the manufacturer's rep came out with a row boat and focused every light precisely to finalize the placement.

Electriman

Do you have any contact, through your supply house to the next level of lighting distributors? Acuity Brands, Philips, and Hubbell all have sports lighting divisions with people who are qualified to answer your questions. Barring that you can also reach out to Musco lighting. Any one of them can offer you design services that utilize their lights and your parameters. That is what they do. I did a pool that had the lights mounted about 50 feet above and to one side only. Each light was pointed to an approximate spot by us and then the manufacturer's rep came out with a row boat and focused every light precisely to finalize the placement.

Thanks. I will reach out to them to make sure I get their input. My project pools are indoor so I am limited to ceiling height that it is less than 20' or so I need to be careful about glare.

Status
Not open for further replies.