Looking for a hood fan switch for custom install

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Customer is going to have a fan mounted in the attic with a duct to range hood. It’s one of those custom wooden hoods.

They have a metal liner inside that I’m installed Lotus LED’s in.

I’m looking for a variable speed fan switch that I can install in a cut-in box mounted the liner. Likely I’ll have a box for the lights and a box for the fan switch. Some sort of combo switch would be even better.

And I’ll have a stainless steel plate etched with a label for each.

What would be nice is to find a standard on/off switch that matches the fan speed switch. I’m thinking something rotary.

Any leads? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Finished .....

Used that switch from Grainger for the fan and just a decora for the lights.

I used twist-lock cord caps so the HVAC guys can just plug it in when they install the duct.

L14-20 for the lights; hot, neutral, ground, and switch leg. The switch for under-cabinet lights will turn on the hood lights, or they can switch independently at the hood.

L6-20 for the fan; line in and out back to the fan, and a ground.

I think it turned out nice.

41b14bbf933ac2fd1cf0c07db3e8b841.jpg

6f21b8c07500d64234d59649b3d18782.jpg

8fc3d1c096b0a62a7942cd81aeb22655.jpg

nickelec

I like the idea of having the lights come on with the under cabinet lights never thought about that. Definitely going to have to do that in my house

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I like the idea of having the lights come on with the under cabinet lights never thought about that. Definitely going to have to do that in my house

Usually a hood like this would have a ventilator installed, and I run a 12/2 for the fan and 14/3 for the lights. The ventilators are designed for one circuit to power both, so you have to change the wiring around a little inside the j-box to make it work.

nickelec

Lol I got the idea I just wanted to o put that out there, my whole career I've never had the pleasure of stuffing a switch box with #14s I can't wait for the day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.