Access to can light junction box from below

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg1707 View Post
    Yes, it has a UL listing. I am just surprised to a see a fixture that is not compliant is available in the "legitimate" electrical market place.
    Wouldn't the "listing" indicate that somehow it is compliant?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1707 View Post
      Yes, it has a UL listing. I am just surprised to a see a fixture that is not compliant is available in the "legitimate" electrical market place.
      Originally posted by oldsparky52 View Post
      Wouldn't the "listing" indicate that somehow it is compliant?
      The fixture can be installed, and deemed "accessible", where there is an attic that allows access to the housing junction box from above . . .
      Another Al in Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by al hildenbrand View Post
        The fixture can be installed, and deemed "accessible", where there is an attic that allows access to the housing junction box from above . . .
        It that fixture was listed the way you mention, then I would hope the manufacturer would indicate it is not suitable to install where not accessible from above. ... Maybe not.

Comment

Looking at the cut sheet, it seems the manufacturer is claiming it is accessible from below. Your picture looks like the BLED2ICN model.

Based on what I'm reading here though, I would not want to be the one to try to get to the JB after installation.

http://www.trace-lite.com/resources/...pecs/bled2.pdf

Comment

Do they make laparoscopic electrical tools? I couldn't get two fingers through that hole.

-Hal

Comment

Originally posted by hbiss View Post
              I couldn't get two fingers through that hole.
              I'm really trying to behave.
              Master Electrician
              Electrical Contractor
              Richmond, VA

Comment

Originally posted by LarryFine View Post
                I'm really trying to behave.

Don't hold back Larry!

Comment

And I really did think about how to phrase that too.

-Hal

Comment

Originally posted by Coppersmith View Post
                    All new construction recessed fixtures have a junction box that is inside the ceiling. If there is no attic, that junction box is not accessible without removing drywall. I never thought about it before but that is a code violation. Still, I have installed many and never had an inspector complain.
                    Even inspectors don't see or think of everything. Too much stuff out there. Manufacturers need to do a better job with their stuff. We should all call and e mail manufacturers when we run into such things.
                    Yes, I'll be happy to do a first class job for less than anyone else and take a dollar a week for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jmellc View Post
                      Even inspectors don't see or think of everything. Too much stuff out there. Manufacturers need to do a better job with their stuff. We should all call and e mail manufacturers when we run into such things.
                      BTW, most are accessible by removing the can by the 3 or 4 small screws around the bottom.
                      Yes, I'll be happy to do a first class job for less than anyone else and take a dollar a week for 10 years.

Comment

Have tried to remove the actual recessed fixture portion from that housing yet ?

From what I see on spec sheet, it looks almost identical to the Juno 2” LED, and the driver with wiring compartment actually slides out of the 2-1/2” hole down below the ceiling ....

It looks like this part in the pic is inside that large IC enclosure. I think you can leave he wiring long through the compartment but idk. Open it up and let’s see what’s inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        [COLOR="Blue"]Brought to you by Carl's Jr.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                        X